by Rebecca Monaghan on 01/31/17
It may seem Spring is still far away but if you are planning on a new home this year then now is the time to start the hunt for your builder.
You can begin your search by checking into the home building companies in the area where you want to live. Start by gathering a preliminary list of candidates from sources that may include:
- Local chapters of the National Association of Homebuilders
- Referrals from friends, relatives or co-workers about who built their homes
- Real Estate Professionals can offer builder names
- Drive around new subdivisions
- Ask for builder references
- Ask for references from subcontractors
Selecting a builder for your new home is the single most important factor to your home building experience. Not only must your builder have knowledge and skills, but personalities need to work well together. Your relationship with your builder starts from first meeting through your warranty period, so choosing someone you will be comfortable with for the long term is important.